Cleanings, Brightening and Prevention
Experience a comprehensive approach to cleanings and prevention…
During your regular visits to his Central Park dental practice, Dr. Jared Shore will perform both a professional cleaning and a comprehensive oral health examination. This stress free cleaning is designed to increase the shine and make the teeth feel clean.
Your professional cleaning will include:
- Brightening: Our professional teeth cleaning services are designed to brighten the appearance of your teeth.
- Removal of calculus (tartar) and plaque: It is highly important to have this build-up professionally removed as it can lead to tooth decay and periodontal disease.
- Teeth polishing: Remove stains and plaque that is not otherwise removed during tooth brushing and scaling.
- Smile evaluation: Our dental professionals will thoroughly examine the health and appearance of your smile to recommend any beneficial treatments.
Your comprehensive examination may include:
- Diagnostic X-rays: These are essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening: Dr. Shore will check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Periodontal disease evaluation: Your gums and bone around the teeth will be checked for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special dental instruments such as the Laser Cavity Light Detector.
- Examination of existing restorations: Check current fillings, crowns, etc.
For patients who would like to spend less time at the dentist, Express Cleaning services are additionally available upon request!
Protect the health and appearance of your smile by scheduling an oral health check-up at least every six months.